GET WITH THE PROGRAM

This space is dedicated to; growth, health, wellness, fitness and to all those who want to live a better life today. Today is the day. Life is not a dress rehearsal.

Pages

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Feelings Aren't Facts





It seems I am very close to ending Phase 2 of this P90X round 2, and I am SO happy for a day "off." As the day wears on I have a feeling the pull to get on my bike or go for a run (or both) might overtake me. We'll see. Growth is found in the recovery we make room for and my body certainly needs it. Will Yoga X ever get any easier? The answer is no, but my "practice" will improve, my breath will become more of an ally than it currently is. I WILL become more flexible. Thank goodness it's windy, rainy and the Masters golf tournament is on the tele today. I could punch the it's-Sunday-day-of-rest-and-you-worked-like-a-dog-all-week card. And just do nothing today. What a concept.
Have you ever started something and thought 'how in the world am I going to gracefully (or not) extract myself from this hot zone? And WHY did I tell everyone I was going to show up, do this, rock the house'....whatever your declaration was? I'm mean seriously people, attempting to get the most out of yourself and live up to your potential as a human being is difficult. This is not for the Teletubbies. No offense intended. You are not some amorphous mass to be singularly shaped by everything and everyone around you. That might be about where you started from when you finally drew the proverbial line in the sand and set sail on this new odyssey, but that was then. This is now.
Here is my encouragement to all of you whom have ever started something and wondered what in the heck you got yourself into. Now you can't even see straight, you are exhausted and feeling overwhelmed with the weight of the now fractured plate you loaded up at the buffet. YOU CAN DO IT. One bite at a time. Over time. Try not to judge your overall being on just a few data points. Are you trending towards better action, thinking, health and wellness? That's all I try to focus on because like you, I can easily become discouraged when I forget my "why." I don't know who said it but I always remember when I'm feeling disconnected from my goals, "Obstacles are the things we see when we take our eyes off our goals." ~ anonymous
Whatever the gauntlet you've thrown down for yourself might be, remember to take it slowly. One task at a time, one day at a time. Drink lots of water. Take a 10 minute walk everyday to just clear your head. Take the rest you deserve. This is actually a critical activity for anyone whom is working on optimizing their performance each and every day. I don't care how much cardio activity you have in your workout program. Walking and taking in your surroundings is incredibly restorative to your mind and spirit. Don't miss this. It's easy to do. It's also easy not to do. These few simple, no-matter-whats that can become your lifestyle will make you feel better and be better.
If you don't have written goals. Take 15 minutes today. Today. And just think about what you want
your life to BE like. Write it down. This is for you, you're true self goals. Not what your perception is of what someone else might want for you. I know it is challenging to do this exercise and the reason for it is simple. It's possible that some of you have anxiety about doing this exercise. You know deep in your heart that there might be a gap between what your desired life is and what you are actually doing about it. The GAP. It's either causing you stress or it's motivating you. What's your choice? I like your chances when you finally decided to commit to your dreams. You are unstoppable. Believe it. Believe in you. I do!

1 comment:

  1. Robert, love the blog! It's a great way to keep up to date on what you are up to. Be well, Isa

    ReplyDelete